HOW TO CREATE YOUR JAMB PROFILE
In the previous post, i wrote about how to obtain an ePIN for jamb registration using your profile code. Now i will be writing on how to get this profile code by creating a profile with jamb. To create a profile in order to receive a profile code, there are two ways doing that. They are:
Creating JAMB Profile online using phone or laptop
The first step is to validate your email address on the JAMB portal. To do this, click here.
- Close to the Post registration facility, you will see a button to login.
- Click on login.
- A new page will open.
- Click on the create new account button to begin your Jamb profile creation.
- You will be required to verify your email. check the screenshot below:
- Fill in your email in the first two spaces provided, then select a question and type a secret answer in the last 2 spaces. The secret question and answer will be required if you forget your password to your profile on the JAMB portal, so ensure you always remember your selected question and the corresponding answer you typed.
- Then click “Verify Email”. A link will be sent to your email.
- You will see a dialogue box requesting you to verify your email. If the box shown to you is not exactly like the one below, it means your email has issues. Create and verify a new email before creating your Jamb profile
- Open your email and find an email sent from “noreply@JAMB.gov.ng”. The email should be titled “eMail Address Confirmation”.
- Open the email and click the link that says “Click here to continue your Profile Creation”. If you are unable to click on the link, ensure the email is not in your SPAM/JUNK folder. If it is, move it into your inbox to access the link. If you still can’t find it, relax. Sometimes it takes time to arrive.
- Click on the link that JAMB will send to you to continue the registration.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is also a UNIQUE CODE that was sent to you in that email. Please ensure you do not delete that email or you can copy the unique code to somewhere safe. You will be needing this code when you go to register at the CBT Centre.
Once you click the link in step one, it provides you with a form to fill in your personal information
- Fill in all the information as provided by the form. Your surname, first name, middle name, date of birth (day, month & year), your phone number, nationality, state, LGA and Password to your profile.
- Please ensure you crosscheck all the above information, because if you don’t, it may cost you to change it in future.
- Once you are sure of all the above information, click on “Sign Up”.
- That’s all, your profile will be created immediately. You should see a message that says “Your Account Creation Was Successful.”
- You can click on “Proceed to Login” to access your new profile.
Creating JAMB Profile with CELL Phone VIA SMS
- Sends his/her Surname, First Name & Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to JAMB short code of 55019
- One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only
- A confirmation code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN
PROFILE SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE / LOSS:
- To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname First name Middlename” to 55019
- To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019.
If you have already successfully created a profile on the official JAMB portal, you may be required to create another profile because there is usually a UNIQUE CODE that is sent to every new profile created. This UNIQUE CODE is what you are expected to take to the CBT Centre during registration.
It is advisable to create this profile using a COMPUTER SYSTEM. If you would like to use your cell phone, please DO NOT USE OPERA MINI.
Feel free to ask any question pertaining this guide in the comment section. This article will continue to be updated if there are changes in the news.
- How to Register for JAMB 2019. Step by step guide
- How to Create JAMB 2019 ePIN registration payment process